Self Motivation in Entrepreneurship
If you are in a job with a company, you have people above you who will always keep you guided, directed and goal oriented. They will not let you drift away from the code of conduct and annual targets of the company. On the contrary, if you have set up a small business for your own wherein you are the boss as well as the employee, to be able to run your business well and profitably you need to have lots of self motivation. Self motivation and your love for your work is all that can keep you going. Self motivation in entrepreneurship will be required at every step. It will be required for planning and strategizing the entire business outlay. Even more, it will be significant when it comes to the application and practicing of what has been decided for that particular plan period.
Motivating oneself in entrepreneurship is important for the business to run as well as grow. It is important at every step and a key to meeting customer satisfaction. If you are self motivated you will be able to grow yourself as an entrepreneur as well as be able to meet the demands of your clients. Take for e.g. that you have started a small business as a property dealer or a real estate agent. You are new in the field and therefore, do not have much knowledge about it. If you are self-motivated enough and have a positive feeling about the business nothing can stop you from learning the details involved in the trade. If you have developed a sound knowledge base you will always be confident in dealing with the client and be able to give legible suggestions.
To be constantly motivated in your business:
- Plan out your goals clearly. Define short term as well as long term goal.
- Keep your goals always in mind. Write them down or read them once every day. They will always be registered in your mind.
- Stick to your guidelines and goals. If you lack confidence at any step do not hesitate in seeking help. It is always recommendable to consult a wise person and remove any hurdle at the earliest possible.
- Be your own judge. Regularly evaluate your actions and procedures. If possible discuss with your employees and other well wishers. It will provide you with a wider and clearer view of what to do, how to do and when to do.
- Never give up if you ever fail. Ups and downs are a part of any business. If you cannot always expect a business to do well, you can also not expect a business to always perform badly. Be confident in self and try again. If you are working hard and are taking the business in the right direction you will see success in no time at all.
- Always be motivated to motivate your employees. Employees are an asset for any company. The business and its operation depend on them. If you motivate them and incentivize them, you will always have profitable feedbacks and results from them.
Therefore, the performance of any entrepreneurial venture lies totally in the hands of the entrepreneur. If he is self-motivated, believes in what he is doing and has confidence in self, his business will always flourish.